Maintenance 101 | 7 Do’s and Don’ts of Cleaning Problem Floors to Extend the Life of Your Floor.
1. DO: Dry mop your floor every day.
DON’T: Use a treated mop.
DON’T: Rinse with water. Water spreads body oil, perspiration and lotions all over the floor.
3. DO: Use a specialty stain remover, SimplyGone, when food and drink get on your floor.
DON’T: Dry mop when stuff gets on your floor like coffee, food stains, lipstick etc. EEW, JUST DON’T.
DON’T: Wait to treat scuff and dye marks, the sooner, the easier they will be to remove.
5. DO: Use artificial shammy cloth on the bottom of mop when dry mopping daily. Weekly wet down your floor and use a wet/dry shop vac to suck up the metal particles. (If not using ProClean NS)
DON’T: Clean up Aluminum tap residue with detergent and water. It is metal. It looks like black/grey soot. It is not coming from the floor. It comes from the taps. It sticks to everything.
6. DO: Rent a small cleaning machine (125-175 rpm) twice a year. Use a green or aqua pad to deep clean your floor with a detergent degreaser, ProClean using a more concentrated formula. Rinse with water after this procedure.
DON’T: Use a black pad, it may scratch the floor surface.
7. DO: Use industrial-strength disinfectant, ProClean D No Rinse, twice a year to kill unseen germs, viruses and the beginnings of mold. Dry mop floor following application.
DON’T: Let your dance floor be the start of sick winter zombie students, Disinfect once during winter.
All products mentioned are available on the online store at StageStep.com. In some cases, there are compatible products available elsewhere from other suppliers. Please follow directions on products and use as directed.